Ji Chuanying is a well-known architect and artist in Shantou. Now he is the executive director of China National Architecture Research Association, member of China Printmakers Association, painter of Shantou Painting Academy, director of Shantou Architecture Society, consultant of Shantou Longhu District Chamber of Commerce, honorary chairman of Shantou Longhu District Overseas Chinese Federation, honorary chairman of Shantou Dramatists Association, and Shantou Chinese Painting and Calligraphy. President of the Research Association and executive director of the China National Architecture Research Association. In 2020, he was named as the representative inheritor of Chaoshan ancient architecture construction techniques in the provincial intangible cultural heritage project of Guangdong Province. In the past 40 years, he has designed and built many temples, garden landscapes and classical European villas, located in southern Guangdong and Jiangxi. The works are compatible with the strengths of the northern and southern schools, forming their own unique architectural style. He once went to the United States to give lectures and design. In recent years, he has developed the construction market in Southeast Asia and Australia such as Vietnam, Thailand, and Singapore.
His early prints were exhibited in the United States, Italy and other countries and published in newspapers and periodicals such as People's Daily, Fine Arts, Guangming Daily and Yangcheng Evening News. CCTV, Guangdong TV and Shantou TV have made personal special reports for many times. Ji Chuanying's ancient architectural art went from the field to the palace, and from the countryside to the world.
- The 1983 work "Spring Rain in Lingnan" won the "Ministry of Culture Award of the People's Republic of China"
- 2008 "Outstanding Figures in Chinese National Architecture"
- 2009 "China Construction Technology Character Inheritance Award"
- 2010 "Special Contributors of China National Architecture Outstanding Contribution Award"
- 2011 "Luo Zhewen Award" (Top Ten Outstanding Persons)
- 2012 "Chinese National Excellent Architectural Construction Masters"
- 2013 "Outstanding Chinese Architectural Designers"
- 2016 "Guangdong Province Traditional Architecture Expert Committee Expert", "The First Guangdong Traditional Architecture Famous Craftsman", "Representative Inheritor of Chaoshan Ancient Architecture Construction Skills in the Intangible Cultural Heritage Project of Longhu District, Shantou City"
- 2017 Hired as a visiting professor of Guangdong Construction Vocational and Technical College
- 2018 "Representative Inheritor of Chaoshan Ancient Architecture Construction Techniques in Shantou Municipal Intangible Cultural Heritage Project" "Outstanding Inheritor of Traditional Architecture Branch of China Survey and Design Association"
- 2020 "Representative Inheritor of Chaoshan Ancient Architecture Construction Techniques in Guangdong Provincial Intangible Cultural Heritage Project"